Burger Emoyeni Skylights (Pty) Ltd Privacy Notice
Burger Emoyeni Skylights (Pty) Ltd knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly.
This notice describes the types of personal information that we may process about you, the purposes for which we use the personal information, the circumstances in which we may share the information and the steps that we take to safeguard the information to protect your privacy.
As used throughout this notice, the term “the Company”, “us” or “we” refers to Burger Emoyeni Skylights (Pty) Ltd. By engaging with us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this privacy notice.
Who we are
Burger Emoyeni Skylight (Pty) Ltd is a Construction company that specializes in Skylights, Cladding, Louvers, Facades, Canopies, Repairs, maintenance and Rope Access services.
When will we process your personal information
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
Types of Personal Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address;
- First name and last name;
- Contact number;
- Physical Address;
- Identity Numbers;
- Biometric Information,
- Cookies and Usage Data;
We may also process personal information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking and Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Burger Emoyeni Skylights (Pty) Ltd uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — outside the Republic of South Africa, where the data protection laws may differ than those a set out in POPIA.
If you are located outside South Africa and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to South Africa and process it there.
Your consent to this Privacy Notice followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
Burger Emoyeni Skylights (Pty) Ltd will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and no transfer of your Personal Information will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your data and other personal information.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service(“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services, provide security or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We value your personal information and our service providers are closely selected to ensure that they comply with the relevant safeguards and technical measures in relation to your personal information.
We may also use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site. We strongly advise you to review the Privacy Statement of every site you visit. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy statements or practices of any thirdparty sites or services.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18, without the consent of the Parent/Guardian. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children without verification of parental/guardian consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers and service providers.
How to store your personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We retain your personal information only for the period necessary for the purposes set out in this Statement or in accordance with the provisions of any applicable legislation.
We will then dispose your information by deleting or shredding your information as soon as we no longer require your information or you objected to us processing your information.
Your data protection rights
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to email@example.com. We may charge you a fee for this service as set out in terms of Condition 8 of POPIA.
- You may also request Burger Emoyeni Skylights (Pty) Ltd to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Burger Emoyeni Skylights (Pty) Ltd will undertake as soon as practicable, by sending as a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request the destruction of your personal data. The Information Officer will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Burger Emoyeni Skylights (Pty) Ltd from destroying your personal data.
- We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate. Please update your information by contacting us at the numbers/addresses provided earlier whenever your details change.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”). Fees to obtain a copy or a description of personal information held about you are prescribed in terms of PAIA. Confirmation of whether or not we hold personal information about you may be requested free of charge. If you would like to obtain a copy of your personal information held by Burger Emoyeni Skylights (Pty) Ltd please review our PAIA Manual.
Amendments to the Privacy Notice
Our business changes constantly and our privacy statement and our website terms and conditions will also change from time to time. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current privacy statement applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
Should you believe that Burger Emoyeni Skylights (Pty) Ltd has utilised your personal information contrary to Applicable Laws, you undertake to first attempt to resolve any concerns with Burger Emoyeni Skylights (Pty) Ltd. If you are not satisfied with such process, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, using the contact details listed below.
Their contact details are as follows
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P. O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaint’s email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za